This document shows you step-by-step how to download and install Rational Rose for
- Go to this link.
- You will be at the IBM Rational Upgrades website. Click on the link for IBM Rational
- Before you can continue you have to be a registered user. Register and sign in.
- At the Rational Download and Registration Center page select the link: Download Current
Full Products Versions
- You will be taken to a page listing various Rational products. Select Rational Rose
- At the configuration screen select Rational Rose V2002.05,20 and press Continue. NOTE: The order of
the products on this page may change.
- From the Downloads page, press Accept License next to Rational Rose Enterprise V2002.05.20
and begin the download.
- Proceed to the next section.
- Get the file RationalAccountNumber.txt from the WebCT page in Extra Stuff.
- Go to this link and select Get License Keys
- Enter an account number and press Next
- Select Node Locked from the Select License Type menu and the press Show Product List
- Select Rational Rose Enterprise Edition from Select a Product Name and press Next
- On this screen you need to enter your machine's Host Name and Host ID. If
you don't know these, IBM provides a tool to display these.
Select your operating system, and press Download. Run the program, fill in the
Host Name and Host ID fields on the webpage and press Next.
NOTE: If you get the license using the Host ID and Rational Rose rejects it then request a new license
but use the Ethernet Address and check the Alternate Host Type box.
- Fill in your contact information and press Next
- Verify the information and press Submit
- Your License Key File should arrive in your e-mail shortly. Save it to your computer.
- Open the setup file for Rational Rose (C52UJNA.exe) and follow the instructions. I just
followed the default selections.
- The license manager will open at the end of the installation. Select Import a Rational File
and press Next.
- Press Browse and go to the location of your license file. Then press Import
- The key is imported into Rational Rose. Finish the installation and use Rational Rose.