- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR), University of Missouri, May 2012.
- Chafi Haddad Award for Excellence in Teaching, Insper Business School, Brazil 2007.
- R.M. Wade Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences, Washington State University, 2004.
- Donald K. Anderson Graduate Student Teaching Award, University of Missouri, 1999.
- Best Paper Award Finalist – “Collective Action and the Governance of Multistakeholder Initiatives: A Case Study of Bonsucro,” Wageningen International Conference on Chain and Network Science, May 2012.
- Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings – “Conduits of Innovation or Imitation? Assessing the Effects of Alliances on the Persistence of Profits,” August 2008.
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN), Top Ten Download List – “The Economics of Organization Structure Changes: A U.S. Perspective on Demutualization,” April 2008.
- George Stigler Award for Excellence in Research for the article “Testing for the Presence of Financial Constraints in U.S. Agricultural Cooperatives: An Investment Behavior Approach,” Insper Business School, Brazil, 2006.
- Edwin G. Nourse Award for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC), 2002.
- Best Paper Award for “Integrating Supply Chain and Network Analysis: The Study of Netchains”, International Editorial Committee of the Journal on Chain and Network Science, 2002.
- Earhart Scholarship, The Ronald Coase Institute, 2001.
- Robert D. Partridge Research Assistantship, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Missouri, 1998-2001.
- National Dairy Leadership Scholarship, National Milk Producers Federation, 2000.
- Frank Miller Fellowship, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Missouri, 1999.
- Invited Associate Membership to Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society), 1998.